Come and join us for a fun afternoon of wet felting your very own cowl/collar! Take home your own piece of wearable art!
- All fiber and locks
- Olive oil soap
- Instruction by Brenda (see bio below)
Items included in price and yours to keep to felt at home:
- Palm fuller / washboard
- Bubble wrap
- heavy plastic
What to bring:
- Your imagination!
- An apron or old clothes and shoes
After the class - so you can create at home
- Fiber is available to purchase to keep the fun going at home
- Olive oil soap flakes available to purchase
Saturday 11am - 3pm
Feel free to bring drinks, snacks or lunch.
*Class size is limited to 7 ... 2 registrations are required to run the class.
*Note - there are no refunds on classes, however credits will be issued for a future class.
A little about Brenda:
Brenda loves felting (wet and Nuno) and she is so passionate about her craft that it is contagious!! She was first introduced to felting at a craft show and after watching some videos and taking classes herself, she was hooked.
Some of her reasons for loving felting:
- felting is easy and anyone can make beautiful wearable pieces of art with no fiber skills
- no stitches to learn
- no counting or worrying about tension
- felting really has no rules (well maybe a few, but not many)
- felting is like painting with wool
- you can make dresses, hats, mittens, arm warmers etc with no sewing
- organic, non-manufactured look to pieces and no need to be "perfect"
- lack of constraints really lets the imagination flow
- tons of materials to work with - alpaca, wool, silk, mohair, bamboo, sparkle etc etc
- felting looks delicate and eherial, but it is very sturdy and durable
- it really is wearable art