Come and join us for a fun afternoon of nuno felting your very own scarf! Take home your own piece of wearable art!
- All fiber and silk scarf
- Olive oil soap
- Instruction by Brenda (see bio below)
What to bring:
- Your imagination!
- An apron or old clothes and shoes
- Palm washboard from last class or purchase one in the shop (several to choose from starting from $10)
After the class - so you can create at home
- Fiber and silk scarves are available to purchase to keep the fun going at home
- Olive oil soap flakes available to purchase
Saturday 11am - 3pm
Feel free to bring drinks, snacks or lunch.
*Class size is limited to 5 students, 2 to run the class. If class is cancelled due to lack of registration, you WILL be refunded.
*Pre-payment/registration IS required. You can also call the shop 732-637-YARN to register.
*Fee is non-refundable if you are a no-show or cancellation, but can used as a credit for a future class within 6 months.
A little about Brenda:
Brenda loves felting (wet and Nuno) and she is so passionate about her craft that it is contagious!! She was first introduced to felting at a craft show and after watching some videos and taking classes herself, she was hooked.
Some of her reasons for loving felting:
- felting is easy and anyone can make beautiful wearable pieces of art with no fiber skills
- no stitches to learn
- no counting or worrying about tension
- felting really has no rules (well maybe a few, but not many)
- felting is like painting with wool
- you can make dresses, hats, mittens, arm warmers etc with no sewing
- organic, non-manufactured look to pieces and no need to be "perfect"
- lack of constraints really lets the imagination flow
- tons of materials to work with - alpaca, wool, silk, mohair, bamboo, sparkle etc etc
- felting looks delicate and eherial, but it is very sturdy and durable
- it really is wearable art