Knit Your First SOCKS
- I will need at least 4 people to sign up or class will be cancelled and money refunded.
- There are NO refunds for no-shows or make up days.
(After checkout, please download the digital file which has all the needed information and zoom links)
In this 4 week class, you will learn the basic construction of a top down (cuff to toe) sock. I will be teaching using DPNs, but you may use 9” circulars or magic loop, but the class will focus on DPNs. We will be using the Rye Sock Pattern by TinCanKnits on Ravelry. It is a great basic Worsted Weight Sock Pattern which will move along quickly and give you the confidence to move onto Fingering Weight Socks in the future.
Please have your gauge swatch done before the first class
- Join and knit in the round
- Decreases P2tog, K2tog, SSK
Sizes: Baby (Toddler, Child, Adult S, M, L)
Yarn: 150 (175, 200, 250, 300, 350) yds worsted / aran weight yarn
Gauge: 22 sts and 30 rounds / 4” in st.st. (on larger needles)
- US #3 / 3.25mm dpns, (9” circs or 32” for magic loop)
- US #5 / 3.75mm dpns (9” circs or 32” for magic loop)
- Or as required to meet gauge
Notions: stitch markers, darning needle
Pattern: Rye from Tin Can Knits a free pattern that can be downloaded from Ravelry HERE (Please have pattern printed out prior to first meeting)
- Cascade 220 SW Merino works well and is what will be demo'ed HERE
- DPNs - HERE
- 9" Circs - HERE
- Sunday Feb 7, 2021 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time
Sunday Feb 14, 2021 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time
Sunday Feb 21, 2021 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time
Sunday Feb 28, 2021 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time
Classes will be recorded for you to review.