This RED roving is made from BIANCA, one of our young females here at Alma Park. This is a red roving and is beautifully prepared. It was dyed by me using professional acid dyes, dyes were fully exhausted and then it was sent to the mill to be prepped into roving.
- 2 oz (in a ball)
- 85% baby alpaca, 15% Merino wool (21 microns)
- Grade 2 (baby grade) micron approx 20-23 microns
- next to skin OH SO soft
- almost no VM, any VM should fall out when spinning
- almost no neps or noils - nice and smooth
- mill processed
- Dyed in red color
- staple length - approx 3 - 3.5 inches
The roving is light and airy and drafts beautifully. It was dyed before processing into roving, so there are no "stiff" spots. It drafts more like top than roving. It almost spins itself. It also felts incredibly well.
** READY TO SHIP**
If you do not know how to spin, but would like some hand spun fiber, convo me for pricing!
If you would like more or less of this color or to mix and match roving colors. . . please convo me for a special custom lot!
If you are interested in learning about different grades - please visit our Fiber FAQs: